“Science behind Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) & Importance of Healthy Lifestyle”
- An Orientation on Existing Dietary Guidelines, Current Nutrition Challenges and Controls was
conducted in collaboration with ICMR-NIN in November 2022.
- Various aspects of nutritional needs and science behind establishing RDAs and stating
importance of leading a healthy lifestyle were discussed.
- The information on calculation of Estimated Average Requirements (EARs) and their
importance to avoid overdose of nutrients amongst population at large due to consumption
of foods across categories.
- Nutrition Genomics was introduced which mentioned that every individual has different
genetics and thus respond to nutrients differently.
- How a balanced diet and regular exercising helps in maintaining healthy body and mind.